I have decided to try a few things to make the start of my work day easier. To avoid getting up before the crack of dawn, I need to do as much as possible the night before.
1. Set out my clothes the night before (including jewelry)
2. Get my pump packed and ready
3. Set out Heath's outfit so that Michael will be able to dress him after I leave
4. Pack my lunch and snacks
5. Pack Heath's daycare backpack
6. Put all work materials in my car or have them ready to go in my car
7. Look at my planner to make sure I'm ready for the next day
8. Showering at night
I'm also trying some other things to make my afternoon/evening with Heath a time we can spend together.
1. Weekend meal prep (more on this later)
2. Cleaning on the weekends when he is spending time with Michael
3. Not watching TV and limiting computer time until after he goes to bed or is napping
I am just going to have to accept that my house, dinner, and probably working out are going to be taking a back seat at times. It's something I'm willing to live with in order to spend quality time with Heath and Michael.
Having a routine is so essential to making this working mom thing work. Sometimes I can't get it all done the night before, especially when I have to wash cloth diapers, but I try.
Here are a couple of pictures to show how great a time Heath has at daycare.