Wednesday, February 6, 2013
My Maternity Essentials (Part 2)
Since I am not in the 3rd trimester, I thought I would post part 2 of my maternity essentials. Many of the things I included the first time are still great. The only things from that list I don't wear now are the roll down skirt (because it's winter) and the belts. Most of my belts are too tight, even wore up high, so I usually skip it.
Some of the things on the list were on the first one, but they are just THAT essential!
1. Maternity jeans- If I didn't work I would wear these everyday. However, I can only wear jeans once or twice a week to work. I actually have 3 pair (2 were given to me and the other I bought). They are comfortable and easy.
2. Long Tank Tops- I have 3 long non-maternity tanks that I wear a lot. They are long enough that they still cover the belly
3. Maternity Dress Pants- I have 2 pair of bootcut dress pants from Motherhood Maternity that I love. They are comfortable and they sell them in petite sizes, which I need to wear with flats. I have a khaki pair and a navy blue pair.
4. Maternity tank top- I have 1 maternity tank top from Old Navy that I love. It is comfortable and I like how it fits tighter on my belly.
5. Dress with elastic waist- My elastic waist dresses still fit. They are shorter, so I have to wear leggings, but they still fit and it's nice to not have to wear pants everyday to work.
6. Maternity Tunic- I have 2 maternity tunics that I like. I wear them with leggings and boots or a pair of skinny jeans/pants. I try to pair a flowy top with tighter bottoms or a tighter top with flowier bottom, if that makes sense. It adds some balance and keeps me from feeling like a stuffed sausage or a whale swimming in fabric. The tunics are comfortable!
7. Cardigans- I wear a lot of cardigans over dresses, tanks, etc. It gives me a little more coverage and warmth
8. Converse- My boots and tennis shoes are the most comfortable, but my converse are next in line. I wear them with my khaki pants sometimes. I actually can't wear flats too much, because they cause my back and arches to hurt.
9. Legging pajamas- My mother-in-law bought me these roll top legging pajamas. They were from the juniors department, but I love them. They are so comfortable for around the house and actually look like leggings. I have definitely worn them out before.
10. Long tees- I had a few long tees pre-pregnancy and they have been great. Now they fit more like regular length shirts, but they are comfortable and I didn't have to buy them.
I actually really like how I have dressed during the pregnancy. I get a lot of compliments and feel like I am creative with my use of maternity and non-maternity clothes. I may even miss some of my maternity clothes after the baby comes. I am going to try not to buy many more things since I only have 10 weeks left, but I am thinking I will need a maternity short sleeve shirt and I am wanting to get a maxi dress. However, I need to get them soon so that I can get some use out of them before April!